Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Perfection? You've got to be kidding me!?!

When I walk into a situation I try my best, and I expect myself to be as perfect as I can. I know perfection is impossible, but the pursuit of it is the best way to better ones self. When a coach demands perfection he needs to expect some failures along the way. My baseball coach is a single minded coach. perfection or go home. It works fine when he is a good mood, but on a bad day practice is hell on earth. Slowly, this whole season he has lost the respect of most, if not all the players on the team. He preaches character and respect, integrity and honesty, but he is a hypocrite to the letter. When we respect everything he asks us to do, and he spits curses and yells at us for a simple mistake I find it hard to respect him. When our team meets to discuss things his hypocritical tyranny is always at the top of our list. I demand the best from myself and expect the best from my teammates, we trust each other all the time. We believe we can be the best, but our coach ruins our focus and desire. We love each other too much to side with our coach on any matter he decides to yell about that day. We are a team that is bonded by talent, desire, and sadly hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment