Thursday, March 11, 2010

School Spirit?

This week has been my school's annual spring spirit week. Either it gets more lame every year... or I am becoming more cynical by the day. My bet is a little of both. I just can't get excited about my shit school, EVER. My school is a perfect example of this country's failing school system. Sports reigns king and people want me to get excited about our shitty school beating a another shitty school at sports. I mean really? This is just a subject that needs to be criticized. How can a high school like this be someone's "glory years"? I just can't find it in me to have school spirit. School spirit, in the words of a cynic (me), is a way to keep people down. Shouldn't school be trying to force us out into the world or higher education? Or should they make high school sickeningly easy and try to make it peoples "glory years"? I wish my shitty school would think more about educating people than about how much school spirit there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment