Monday, February 1, 2010

Technicality

Today I went to a school function in which a friend and I submitted a website as a project. Well, we didn't win, but we did manage to get disqualified. How you ask? well we submitted our website using adobe dreamweaver. We did not however, get an FTP client or a host to get the website actually up and running. We just coded the site. It says nothing in the rule book about getting the site all the way to the web. According to the judges it was "a given" rule. That is complete BULLSHIT! This competition is so high and mighty they think they can make a rule a "given"? The judges even told us we would have advanced our project had we had it up and running. Getting a website up costs money, i am a high schooler with an 8 dollar an hour summer job. They think I can afford to pay for some bullshit competition? Screw Them! Here are my grievances:

1. It wasn't in the rule book
2. They judged it four days ago (I wasted a whole day)
3. They could have told us in advance
4. Patronizing us as if we should have know

So you know wat? Screw them, if conforming to the society of today means to have to put up with the upper class bullshit, then its not worth it. I'll become a hermit and show those bitches whats up!

Ok, sorry this is a shitty piece of writing, but I just needed to rant and rave about this. again my apologies.

3 comments:

  1. Aww..know how you're feeling, but you've got to join them to beat them!! "Hermit Hood" is for the faint hearted...but it made me laugh anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you could have gotten a free host for the website. I mean it is a website.. but yeah i guess they could have been more clear about what they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats my biggest problem right there. it was an "understood rule"

    ReplyDelete