Monday, February 22, 2010

The Search

I haven't posted in a while because i have been on a trip around Oregon looking at colleges. As I looked at college I realized I can't wait to go, but I am scared as hell to go. I went to see Oregon State University first. This school is huge! It has over 30,000 students and covers nearly 500 acres of land (which is a lot).The campus is magnificent, it is one of the prettiest schools I have seen. The next school I went to see was the University of Oregon. This school is very similar to Oregon State except the campus is smaller. The I realized why I am so scared of college. Cities scared the shit out of me! I am from a tiny town where i know everyone. Being somewhere where it takes as long to get across the city as it does to get across my county scares me. I guess I have come (and not for the first time) to the conclusion that my small town life has left me almost crippled to the outside world. Other than that I can't wait to go to college. And overcoming adversity is what it's all about right? So I'll keep tryin' to survive high school, then Nut Up and go live in a city (more than 20,000 people, at least in my eyes). College where my insecurities and biases will change, hopefully for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment