Sunday, January 31, 2010

Music to My Life

So, I was sitting at my computer thinking of something interesting to say, well nothing seemed to come to mind. I turned on ITunes and stared blankly at my library of songs. I scrolled up and down several times before settling on a song. This song "Artsy" by The Grouch has a deep meaning for me. Let me give you a little background. I live in rural colorado where you are either a coal mining hippie hatting redneck, or a pot smoking war protesting tree hugging hippie. As for me, well im one of the oh so small population of tweeners. In other words I am neither of the other two partys. So back to this song i briefly mentioned, basically it says "don't preach" whether you are of the christian right or the alter ego hippie. I find this view quite refreshing, because I will admit one of my pet peeves is being told wat I do is wrong or right for that matter. Just live and let live. So, I guess the point is there are two opposite but equal sides. In this song The Grouch talks about how just because you act the part doesn't mean you are as righteous as you say. Let real ideals and principles dictate how your life is run. I can't lie when a hippie comes up to tell me to be better to the world, and have peace on Earth I have the sudden urge to get in a fight and litter, and when a christian comes and tells me God loves me, or redneck tells me how Obama is ruining this country I just want to put an Obama sign in my yard and throw the bird towards the sky.

3 comments:

  1. i enjoyed reading.

    you make up a small part of me.
    i (subconsciously) tend to go against what people say. not saying that's who you are, but yeah..

    a few people used to say "you think too hard jay". then i just stopped explaining myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sometimes in todays societies the ethics have changed. What once seemed right is now wrong. I agree with the preaching.. usually now a days people focus so much on "RELIGION" no one thinks about God.. So i stopped believing in religion after i turned 16 but yet i believe in god. I am tired of the "you should listen to news.. its going to effect you", i am like i don't give a damn about politics. I don't care if its going to effect me.. because our generation won't tolerate control at all. Therefore, i have no need to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, i am a redneck hippie non religious and totally non-activist politically, apathetic about obama, beer drinker, and you are a good blogger

    ReplyDelete