Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Beginning

I go to a small rural high school in which our football and wrestling teams are the jewel of the community. My freshman year I was quite into school spirt and pride (now I must say I am quite lacking in). I was active in three sports and seemed to fitting in well. No I didn't play football, because i was... well quite small and skinny. So, I ran cross country. I was soon injured because I wasn't really ready to run tat much, but i had a great coach. He made me feel quite a part of the team still. This was quite uplifting. Soon Basketball started and the freshman team i must say... was better than the JV. I'm only bragging a little. Now as baseball (my passion) began I felt part of something (proverbial program I guess). I had a great time and that remains just about the only sport I truly like to play. I guess I used sports to cover up any social problems I was feeling. Which now I realize were a big part of that first and second year of High School. During my Sophomore year I started to lose my school spirt and a startling rate. By the end of the year the only pride I had was that our baseball team was badass. I wish I could enjoy high school like so many other students do, but i just feel like I'm ready to move on. As a junior I have been told that I act like a senior. Which apparently is a bad thing. I mean wanting to get out of a shitty high school ASAP is a bad thing. See I have to call a bullshit on that one. So here I will chronicle my hardship and happiness through the rest of high school. I would like to here from people who had to cope with this too. So basically everybody. So, please follow me and the Survival of my high school years.

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking blog m8...look forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel exactly same. I can learn half the bullshit infact more in reality than they can teach me in school. Sometimes i feel like i am putting myself up for waste of talent and time when i attend school

    ReplyDelete
  3. well put, that is exactly the feeling you just summed it up pefectly.

    ReplyDelete